TOP HINT: Make sure to check out the department stores after the holiday season just as the sale starts, I managed to find an ice-cream maker original price 90 euro and it was reduced to 40! - Bargain!
2 Vanilla Pods
800g Castor Sugar
800g Egg Yolks
- Combine all of the ingredients except the egg yolks
- Bring the mix to the boil
- Cool gently
- Add the milk/ cream mixture to the egg yolks and whisk vigorously
- Return to the pot and cook until thickened
- Strain and cool.
- Then add to the ice cream maker, the one I have says to chill the bowl for 24 hours then churn the ice cream, done in 20 minutes and it's great. However if you don't have an ice-cream maker, you have to stir it while it is freezing to stop the ice crystals from forming.
- Once you have the basics you can add your flavours to this, although what is nicer then homemade creamy vanilla ice-cream? Well....chocolate ice-cream.