12 Large Prawns
1 Tbsp Plain Flour
2 Garlic Cloves
12 Spring Roll Sheets
3 Coriander Roots
Ginger, Roughly Sliced
1.5 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- To make the prawns easier to wrap, you can make incisions to straighten the prawns.
- Mix the flour and 3 tbsp of water in a small saucepan until smooth, stir and cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes or until thick and remove from the heat.
- Using a pestle and mortar / small blender, pound or blend the garlic, coriander roots and ginger together.
- In a bowl, combine the garlic paste with the prawns, oyster sauce, pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Place a pastry wrap – fold the sheet in half, remove the prawn from the marinade and place it on the sheet with the tail sticking out of the top.
- Fold the bottom up and then the sides in to tightly to enclose the prawn.
- Seal the joins with the flour paste.
- Heat the oil; fry the prawns until golden brown.
- Transfer onto a serving plate, serve with chili or plum sauce.