This dish can be made in advance and then out in a slow cooker you dont have to use the chicken cut for saute you could use all breasts for a quick version or all oyster thighs for the long version. Anything on the bone would need more time to cook this should serve 4 people
200g Lardons Blanched
30 Button Onions
40 Button Mushrooms
10 Portions of Chicken Cut for Sauté - an earlier blog post
100g Finely Chopped Onion
300ml Red Wine
1 Clove of Garlic Crushed
10 Heart Shaded Croutons
- Heat the butter in a sauté pan then add the lardons, onions and finally the mushrooms, quickly fry until brown and remove.
- Season the chicken, place in the saute pan and colour quickly on both sides.
- Replace the garnish, cover with a lid and cook more slowly on the side of the stove.
- Remove the breasts and the wings first; the legs will require extra cooking time.
- Dress the cooked chicken and garnish in earthenware dishes, cover and keep warm.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook.
- Drain off the surplus fat, add the wine and reduce by two-thirds.
- Add the demi-glace and reduce to a light coating consistency.
- Adjust the seasoning, pass the sauce through a fine strainer over the garnish and the chicken, finish with the croutons with have had the tips dipped in parsley
50g Clarified Butter
25g Tomato Puree
500ml Beef Stock
Add the ingredients to a pot and reduce by half