This is a great Christmas treat, as a gift idea or if you wanted to make them instead of buying them this mix will make over 36 mini minced pies and the cost will minimal as most of the ingredients would be what you have at home already: flour, eggs, sugar, butter all you need to have in stock is a jar of minced meat.
1kg Sweet Pastry
1 Jar of Mince Meat
Frangipane: equal quantities of ground almonds, whole eggs, sugar, butter.
I used 200g of each which made the 36 minced pies.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees/gas mark 6.
- Make the sweet pastry as described in the recipe below, leave for 30 minutes before using.
- Grease the tray and then line, I used a tian ring to cut out the bases, its lines the try and leaves a small rim in which to in-case the pie.
- Then I put a small teaspoon amount of the mincemeat on each of the cases and then top with some frangipane, you only need a teaspoon as this will expand.
- Then you pop the whole tray in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until golden and then set aside to cool, arrange on a plate and dust with icing sugar, there you have it mini homemade mince pies.