150g Egg Whites
100g Caster Sugar
180g Ground Almonds
270g Icing Sugar
30g Cocoa Powder
200g Dark Chocolate
180g Whipping Cream
2 Drops of Ginger Extract
400g Unsalted Butter
100g Cooked Beetroot, Finely Grated/Pureed
- I would roast it, so preheat the oven to 200/ gas mark 5/6 depending on your oven, wrap the unpeeled beetroot in tin-foil and bake for 45 minutes, if you have a pair of rubber gloves - wear them, having pink/purple hands for the day or two is not fun at all.
- Take them out of the oven and when they are still warm, unwrap the tin-foil and peel the skin of the beetroot, then you can grate it and set it aside, if you want you could puree it to get a smoother texture. Then allow to cool.
- Whip the egg whites to meringue and add the caster sugar.
- Fold in the dry ingredients
- For the filling: whipe the cream and fold in the beetroot puree - check for sweetness, add a pinch of suagr if you think it is necessary.
- Bake at 120 degrees/gas mark 2-3 for 12 minutes