560g Strong Flour
10g Sea Salt
5g Dried Yeast
300ml Luke-Warm Water
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and using the dough hook mix in the combined yeast and water, the pesto. Mix until the dough forms a smooth appearance.
- Leave to prove in a warm area for 40 minutes or until doubled in size, then form the dough into the desired shape and leave to prove again for 40 minutes or until doubled in size. then cook for 40 minutes in a preheated oven at gas mark 6/ 220 degrees.
This is the french classic accompaniment to most fish dishes, it can be tricky to make but to make it once is all it takes. It goes well with some egg dishes too.
114g Unsalted Butter
2 Crushed White Peppercorns
2 Egg Yolks
- Place the butter in a heatproof bowl and gently melt in the microwave.
- Add the eggs, vinegar and pepper to a mixing bowl and using a electric hand blander whiz the egg yolk mixture and slowly add the butter until all combined.
- Check the seasoning. Leave at room temperature until needed.
After watching Heston's new show "How to cook like Heston" he made poached eggs on the first episode and I thought yeah I'm gonna have to do something with this using his full proof never fail method. You need a large pot of water a thermometer some eggs.
Add the eggs to the almost boiled water approx. 80 degrees and cook for 2 minutes. Then remove and set aside.
Toast some of the bread you have made, (you could be toasting while poaching the eggs). Place the eggs on top then you put some of the hollandaise on top then garnish with some sea salt and cracked pepper, some fresh herbs couldn't hurt too.