6 Chicken Fillets
Tagine Spice Mix
1 Red/Green Pepper
1 White Onion
1 Tin of Tomato Puree
Salt and Pepper
Pinch of Suagr
1 Tin of Tomatoes (With Chili)
1 Tin of Tomatoes (Plain)
Tagine Spice Mix: Equal quantities of each approx 3 Tbsp
- Chili Powder
- Add some of the spice mix to the Chicken and allow to marinate for an hour or two.
- Cut the peppers and onions and gently saute on a gentle heat, add some of the spice mix and set aside.
- When the chicken has been marinated, cook on a high pre-heated grill pan (no oil) and seal on both sides about 3 minutes on each side. The chicken will fully cook in the sauce so don't worry if the chicken is still pink.
- Add the chicken to the vegetables and add the tins of tomatoes and season with salt and pepper and a pinch of sugar.
- Allow to cook on a gentle heat for 30 minutes, add the tomato puree and some fresh coriander if you have it.