This dish is really fast to make, in the time the cous cous cooks you would have all of the vegetables prepped and then all you have to do is put it all together. This is a great side dish for chicken tagine or on it's own for a vegetarian option or a nice addition to a salad. I just love it, it is so refreshing and full of flavour. I'm not going to put a serving value on this or ingredient amount as it varies to the amount of people who are eating or what the purpose of the dish is.
Salt and pepper
Lemon zest and juice
Lime zest and juice
- Cook the cous cous following the directions provided on the box/packet
- Prep the vegetables; thinly slice the chillies, finely chop the peppers, slice the carrots, green beans and mangetout combine all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the lemon and lime juice and zest, the grated ginger and season
- Add the cooked cous cous.
- Add some roughly chopped herbs and you're done!
*sometimes I roast my peppers of I have time it adds a nice flavour to the dish.