454g Margarine or Butter
454g Caster Sugar
510g Self Raising Flour
56g Lemon Peel
- Cream butter and sugar together until a light a fluffy consistency is achieved.
- Add eggs beating in gradually until fully absorbed.
- Fold in the sifted flour (you can add the zest to the flour) and mix until a smooth creamy texture is formed, take care not to over mix.
- Place equal quantities in two greased and floured loaf tins smooth the tops.
- Bake at 177ºC / gas mark 3/4 for approximately 15 – 20 minutes.
- When cooked, de-mould onto wire racks, place in fridge to chill.
- Slice with a clean knife, dust with fine icing sugar