3 Large Onions, Peeled, And Chopped
200g Floury Potatoes, Peeled
6 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, Chopped
Freshly Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- Cut the potatoes into fairly large pieces (leave them whole if small).
- Chop the fresh parsley.
- Choose a heavy pot with a really tight-fitting lid.
- Put a generous layer of chopped onions on the bottom and then layer the other ingredients, giving each layer a generous twist of pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a bare simmer.
- Cover very tightly. Cook for 2–5 hours!
- The longer and slower the cooking, the better this dish will be.
- It cannot come to any harm providing the lid is really tight.
- A very low oven is best, set at 120 degrees/ gas mark 1.