Mayonnaise (1 large jar/ 500g approx)
3 Egg Yolks
½ Teaspoon Of Salt
1 Teaspoon Of Dijon Mustard
1 Teaspoon of Wholegrain Mustard
3 Capfuls of White Wine Vinegar
600ml Oil (200ml Sunflower, 400ml Olive Oil)
- Combine egg yolks, salt and mustard.
- Add lemon juice or vinegar and mix well.
- Slowly start adding the oil
- When the sauce thickens, the oil may be added more quickly.
- A word of warning, if, before the sauce begins to thicken, the oil is added more then a drop at a time, the mayonnaise may curdle.
- The mix may be too thick so add a little water at the end to loosen the mix a bit and to whiten it