This recipe can be done with individual mould or one large ring either way it makes this amazing lemon tart, it can be sharp so if you don't particularly like sharp flavours i would add a little extra sugar and the juice of 4 just to make it a bit sweeter in flavour.
1 lb of Sweet Pastry
5 Lemon (Zest of 2 and Juice of 5)
250ml Double Cream
- Grate lemon zest, squeeze out juice, strain and reserve along with the zests.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl, add the sugar, whisk until smooth and blended, add the lemon.
- Whisk the cream very lightly, add to the egg mixture, mixing lightly, leave to chill for 1 hour. Line an 8in. flan case with the pastry, proceed to bake blind for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven carefully remove the beans and paper, brush the inside of the flan case with egg yolks and sugar.
- Return to oven and cook for a further 5 minutes fill the flan case with the lemon filling, return to the oven and cook for 30 min at 120°C / gas mark 1 allow the tart to chill, prior to serving dust with icing sugar.