I don't have many vegetarian dishes because i'm not a vegetarian and i don't really know any. But what few i have i will put up. This recipe would serve 2 or 3 (if you are going to have it as a main course i would say 2 as a starter 3)
250g Haloumi Cheese
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Mixed Salad Leaves
1 Red Onion, Finely Sliced
Mint Leaves4 Ripe Tomatoes, Chopped
- Place the extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato, cucumber, onion, mint, parsley, and olives.
- Toss until the salad is evenly coated with the dressing.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium to high heat and add the olive oil.
- Cook the Haloumi slices for 1 minute on each side, or until golden.
- Remove and place on paper towels to drain.
- Divide the salad among four serving plates and top with the Haloumi slices.
- Relish: To make the relish, heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook gently for two to three minutes.
- Then add the curry powder, cumin and seasoning and cook for a further two minutes, before adding the Aubergine and cooking for a further five minutes, stirring often. Finally, add the lemon juice, chili sauce and brown sugar, cover and simmer over a gentle heat for 15 minutes.
- It is important to keep an eye on the relish as it should not be allowed to overcook and break up.
- When cooked, remove from the heat, cool, and store in the fridge until ready to use.