This isn't really a recipe it's a how to put it all together.
What You Need:
- Creme Patisserie Recipe
- Sweet Pastry Recipe
- Selection of Fruit; strawberries, oranges, raspberries, blackberries ect..... apples and bananas don't really go well as once they are cut the oxidation process begins and they turn brown which doesn't make for an attractive dish.
- Apricot Jam
- Make the pastry as stated in the recipe,
- Bake blind* at 180/gas ark 4 for 12 minutes until the pastry is cooked
- Make the creme patisserie as stated in the recipe
- Fill into the cooled, cooked pastry cases
- Place the chopped fruit on the creme patisserie
- Put the apricot jam in a pot and bring to the boil
- Using a pastry brush gently brush the apricot jam (now glaze) onto the fruit to give them a shine
*When baking blind you could using baking beans and then again you could not waste your money. Get cling film (it has to be oven proof - not all of them are!) or parchment paper and cut it an inch bigger than the mould so that the sides don't collapse. Then fill the tarts with rice grains - you normally have this at home and it doesn't hinder the grains when you go to cook them after. Ask yourself what is better for your wallet - €5 for 70g of baking beans (bare in mind you need about 8 of these to blind bake 4 tartlets at a time) or spend €1.60 in Lidl or Aldi and buy 500g of rice - tough question I know.