Swiss Roll Sponge
226g Plain Flour
280g Caster Sugar
1 Tablespoon Liquid Glycerin
- Weigh all ingredients carefully, prepare tins or sponge by lining with baking parchment and lightly brushing with melted butter and dusting lightly with flour.
- Sieve the flour onto a sheet of greaseproof paper.
- Place the eggs, sugar and glycerin in a mixing bowl, beating over warm water for five minutes until the mixture has reached a temperature of 37-38 degrees.
- Transfer the mix to machine and whisk until thick and creamy.
- Carefully fold in the flour taking care to avoid lumps in the mixture.
- Pour on to prepared trays, spread the mixture evenly to about 9mm in thickness using a palette knife or scraper.
- Bake in a hot oven at 232 for about 8 -10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool, turn over onto sugared paper, the tops may be covered with a slightly dampened cloth to avoid edges drying or cracking