140g good quality chocolate
113g unsalted butter
15g cocoa powder
200g castor sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs
95g plain flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
125g chocolate chips
Combine the sugar and the cocoa powder
Combine the flour salt and the chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 177 degrees / gas mark 3/4 and place the rack in the centre of the oven.
- Grease a square pan.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a large stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa powder and sugar.
- Next, whisk in the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Finally, stir in the flour, salt and chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with a little batter and a few moist clumps clinging to it.
- Do not over bake.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream it’s so good!!!