Thursday 25 September 2014

Doughnut in under 20 minutes!

Doughnuts in under 20 minutes, crazy but true. I will admit I half made this to make my sister jealous, so I could send her a picture while she was at her desk at work probably having a morning coffee and what would be perfect with that a mini homemade doughnut, and low and behold my plan worked!

I was watching the British Bake Off this morning and they were making doughnuts so of course I wanted doughnuts, so this happened.

I didn't want filled doughnuts and I wasn't going to wait to make doughnuts with a hole, all that proving, no I wanted them now so the quicker the better.

These doughnut bites are perfect you could also put them in a bag with icing sugar while they are warm but cinnamon sugar is my favourite! Enjoy and in case you didn't already assume they are super addictive.

This recipe yield depends on how big you make them, I made mine about a half dessertspoon so it made approx: 25 mini doughnuts.

Ingredients:

295g Plain Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
59g Sugar
118ml Milk
 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
3 Tbsp Melted Butter
Oil for frying


Method:


  1. Preheat your saucepan, add enough oil to cover 1.5 inches on the bottom
  2. Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl
  3. In a separate bowl combine the milk, butter and sugar
  4. Using a fork add the wet mixture to the dry and only mix until all in incorporated do not over mix. 
  5. Using a dessertspoon measure out your doughnuts 
  6. Put in the oil carefully, I tested the oil first with a small doughnut
  7. Fry until golden on each side
  8. Place on a plate with some kitchen towel to drain the oil
  9. Roll in sugar and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment