Summer is here and the leaving certificate begins today means that for the next few weeks it should be fantastic so in the hopes of the good weather the exams bring why not have something light refreshing and tasty?!
This is just a combination of some of my favourite things – love basil use it all the time, even when it isn’t necessary and limes – the colour, the smell, the taste – how could you not love them?
Large Bunch Of Basil – Pureed
5-6 Limes Zested
141g Caster Sugar
5-6 Limes Juiced
- Place the water and sugar into a pan
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 4 minutes with the lime zest
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool
- Add the lime juice and the bail puree
- Allow to infuse and churn