Confit of Duck, Creamy lentils and a port sauce
2 Duck Legs
3-4 Juniper Berries
½ Tsp Of Clove
Piece Of Cinnamon
2 Tsp Of Salt
Piece Of Star Anise
1tsp Of White Pepper
Course Sea Salt
Duck Or Goose Fat
Piece Of Fresh Ginger
- Trim duck legs (fat and knuckle bones).
- If liked the thighbone may be completely removed.
- Sprinkle with course sea and allow to sit, Prepare all other ingredients
- Mix seasoning together and wash the salt from the duck legs and dry thoroughly.
- Rub on seasoning and place mirepoix in braising pan and other ingredients.
- Place duck on top and cover with melted duck fat.
- Gently bring to the boil and place in a low oven for 2-2 ½ hours.
- When cooked remove duck from the fat and crisp under hot grill or in hot oven.